About This White Paper
This white paper, from Osterman Research, analyzes Office 365 and the necessity to deploy complementary solutions to the platform. Office 365 is a capable and robust communications and collaboration platform, but it does not necessarily provide the depth of capability, or specialized solutions, to meet the full requirements of many organizations with respect to security, archiving and content management.
The paper’s analysis is based on a survey of 124 organizations with an average of 1,400 employees that have deployed Office 365, as well as in-depth analysis of Office 365 functionality by an Osterman Research technical analyst.
This 22-page report provides insight on questions like:
- 37 percent of the typical Office 365 budget in 2019 will be spent on third-party solutions to complement use of the platform—what are the main functional gaps and capabilities that IT administrators are looking to reinforce?
- What are considerations in adding Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection? What should I know about the virtual sandboxing feature? How do features like Safe Attachments and Safe Links really work, and what limitations should be complemented with third-party security?
- How do the Office 365 spam quarantine and spam notifications really work? What capabilities should I consider adding?
- How do I monitor the status of Advanced Threat Protection within Office 365, and what should I look for in a third-party solution in order to improve upon it?
- How do archiving, email encryption and eDiscovery work in Office 365 and what limitations should be aware of?
- ...and much more!