About this Report
Cyren's Ransomware Cyberthreat Report offers an in-depth look at the rise of ransomware over the past 18 months. Ransomware monopolized attention in 2016, a year in which over 90% of all malicious email attachments were a type of ransomware, and 2017 has already seen ransomware return repeatedly to the headlines.
This 22-page report offers:
- An overview of how ransomware works and how it evolves over a year-long campaign via a detailed look at Locky
- Examples of ransomware-as-a-service and new attack techniques like "companion" ransomware
- A summary of the WannaCry (aka WannaCrypt) outbreak and a prediction as to which ransomware our analysts believe will dominate the second half of 2017
- Insights from an interview with Cyren researchers who tracked (and stopped) Locky infections
- A review of best practices for stopping ransomware
- And much more!